Thursday, April 29, 2010

Tahini Potato Salad


Every time I try a new potato salad recipe, I swear "it is the best potato salad ever." I've just figured out that I just like potato salad. This recipe is no exception! Best. Potato. Salad. Ever. It is nice and spicy and I love tahini sauce. It is even better the next day...My kind of leftovers! Using all these herbs for this recipe made be really want to plant an herb garden. Gonna get on that real soon. Anyway, super good potato salad.

Ingredients
1 1/2 lbs red creamer potatoes
1 cup fresh peas (I used thawed frozen peas)
4 green onions minced
1 tbs fresh mint
1 tbs cilantro
1 tbs fresh oregano

Dressing
1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tbs almond oil (sub EVOO)
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon tabasco
1 1/2 tbs tahini sauce
1 tbs dijon mustard
1/2 cup sour cream

Recipe:

Boil potatoes for 15-20 minutes. Drain and let cool.
When cool, mix potatoes with peas, green onion, mint, cilantro and oregano.
In blender or with immersion blender, mix garlic, lemon juice, white pepper, tabasco, tahini, mustard, sour cream and while mixing, drizzle in oil.
Gently toss potato mixture with dressing and served chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment