Sunday, April 18, 2010

Thai Coconut Curry Wonton Soup

This is my answer for dinner on a super lazy Sunday evening. I just love it when I have all the ingredients to make dinner in my cupboards. It really is a buzz kill to have to drive down the hill because I'm missing something. I gathered up all my fixings and basically my soup was done.Ingredients:
  • 32 ozs Thai coconut curry broth (sub. chicken or veggie broth)
  • 2 cups (about two handfuls) shredded carrots
  • 4 green onions (white part cooked in soup and green part for garnish)
  • 1 cup peas
  • 1/2 package frozen chicken wontons (more if you like)
  • 1 tablespoon minced ginger (if you like spicy add more to taste)
  • 2 splashes soy sauce
Add broth, ginger, white parts of onion, and soy sauce. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
Add peas, carrots, and wontons and simmer for another 10 minutes. Add pepper to taste.
Garnish soup with green onion and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment